- EOM Cash Entry is an accounting process that Generate UDP template, based upon data in your Customer activity Document. Basically it is a process of data manipulation of input statement based on the set of rules. These UDP Templates will give you an Audit of Transaction for the time period.
Objective of the automation
The objective of EOM Cash Entry Process is to generate the final UDP sheet for the PRR generated form the customer Activity Document.
- Process PRR generation:
BOT reads the Email with specific Subject and Saves customer activity document to dedicated Folder.
- Populate transfer document from PRR document
Bot Reads the Document from the dedicated folder and generate the PRR Document.
- Retrieve G/L Account Number
- Retrieve Company Code
- Retrieve Debit/Credit Amount
- If G/L Account number is “XXXXXX” then, Retrieve Trading partner ID
- Format the retrieved data into specific structure
- Convert PRR data to UDP data on the Transfer Document
BOT reads the Transfer Document file and generate UDP Data table equivalent to PRR generated form populate Transfer Document from PRR Document.
- Retrieve all PRR and equivalent UDP Values from PRR-UDP Conversion Document
- Retrieve all Company Code and equivalent UDP Company code Values from Transfer Document
- Retrieve all G/L Account number and equivalent G/L Account number Values from Transfer Document
- Create the Transfer Document using all the data retrieved.
- Convert Transfer Document to UDP Template
Converts Transfer Document to UDP template:
Add the constant values to few columns (Document Type, Currency Key, Reference, Header Text, and Currency) and the Values from Conversion template for few columns (Document Date, Posting Date, Company Code, Account Number, Amount, Trading Partner).
What are the benefits?
- Elimination of Repetitive Manual Tasks -The people currently involved in doing the Report Generation task can be free from it and could rather do something more significant.
- Improved Efficiency – Efficiency is something every business goes for. The Automation ensures a smooth purchase order execution process that results in better efficiency.
- Reduced Errors – Automation Systems are better than humans at doing repetitive tasks that require accuracy.
- Faster Delivery – A BOT would finish any task in general far quicker than any human, hence ensuring faster delivery. Same goes for the tasks in EOM Cash Entry process.
- Reduced Costs – The BOT once deployed will do the UDP template generation efficiently, effectively and quickly and it will never ask for any payment in return for it.
Implementation life cycle
The entire process was built in one phase. The phase consisted of:
- Requirement Gathering and Analysis.
- Process Design Document
- Setting up the process skeleton.
- Unit Testing
- Integration Testing
- Deployment onto the client machine via RDP